Advanced study in human physiology for the pre-professional student
Medical Physiology is a demanding and rewarding academic program that prepares students for the rigor and intensity of professional school. Our engaging learning environment complements our intellectually challenging curriculum. Collaborative recitation sessions and study groups serve to reinforce concepts and allow students to learn from each other. Students benefit from the support of faculty advisors, peer advisors, and Teaching Assistants in addition to the wide range of learning resources available through the university.
Our students are taught by the same expert faculty who teach in the CWRU School of Medicine. MSMP classes provide students with a solid medical foundation as they prepare to enter professional programs. Online students take the same rigorous coursework as resident students. We also have secondary faculty at the Cleveland Clinic, University Hospitals, MetroHealth, and the Louis Stokes Veteran Affairs Medical Center.
- The MS in Medical Physiology program is geared toward students seeking a comprehensive education in the physiological sciences in preparation for professional school programs.
- The Non-thesis (Plan B) option is excellent preparation for subsequent studies in medicine, dentistry, anesthesia, PA practice, nursing, or a career in teaching.
- The Thesis (Plan A) option is available for students interested in research or who plan to pursue a Ph.D.
- Students will learn how the human body functions and develop an integrated understanding of events at the molecular, cellular, and organ levels.
- Elective courses provide flexibility in the curriculum, enabling students to focus their studies on individual interests. Learn more about our electives.
- Students can apply to become teaching assistants. These opportunities help reinforce communication and mentoring skills as well as core content.
- Students can explore topics outside of the traditional classroom setting through independent readings and educational or research projects.
- The MS/MBA program is available to students who have already been admitted to the Medical Physiology program.